- Who doesn’t love a list?
- Who are these people who don’t love lists? Did they have a past traumatic experience involving a list?
- What do they do when they go food shopping?
- Are they just in denial or too hipster to admit the use of lists? On futher investigation/interogation will we reveal to them they have subconciously being using lists all their lives, and in fact love lists?
- At what point does a list become a list? At it’s embrionic stage of a mind list? Once it is verbalised? Must it be written down before it becomes a list. What is the minimum number of items that must be written down before it becomes a list. Is 1 item enough? If not, what about 1 item with a list subject heading?
- Pointy batards
- An everything bagel*
- Garlic bread
- Peshwari naan
- Multigrain sourdough
*Everythng bagel seasoning
- Poppy Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Minced Dried Garlic
- Minced Dried Onion
- Flaked Sea Salt
- “You can’t cater for the stupid by cutting jokes the intilligent will get” John Cleese
- “It doesn’t matter how much you know about a language. It doesn’t matter how many words you can say, how many phrases you know. What matters is the emotional choices you make with this language.” Jacob Collier
- “Bruce and Sheila were not their real names. Their actual names were lost in the wind somewhere.” George Mahood. Free Country
- “It felt like we were characters in a Charles Dickens novel. Actually, it didn’t feel like that at all.” George Mahood. In conversation
- Q: So when is a good time to visit Finland? A: 3 years ago.
Questions in my head
- What is the mathmatical seqence of shoes that fit inside the next size of shoe? Like a Russian doll, but with shoes.
Inventions to make
- A toaster where you select the colour you want the toast to be at the end, rather than a number system where anything over 5 creates burnt toast.
Films to remake as stop motion animated shorts with bread
- A Loaf Less Ordinary.
- Burn After Cooking, starring Bread Pitt.
- Fantastic Yeasts and Where to Find Them.
- Bun Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- Flour Rangers
- Harry Potter and the Half-Baked Bloomer.
- It’s a Wonderful Loaf
- Beauty and the Bap
- Baguette Carter
My list of places to create a list, in order of the likelyhood I will then complete the task
- Scrap of paper
- 1 of 20 moleskins notepads around the house
- My head
- Todoist app
Alternative titles for this blog
- We knead lists to bake the world a better place
- List to starbread
House numbers I have lived at
- If a bullet point is for an unordered list, and numbers for an ordered list, what about a lettered list?
- What? Who? And where?
This week’s artists/performers
- Robin Ince
- Lindsay Segall, At the Violet Hour
- Christiane Baumgartner
- Cy Twombly
- Jacob Collier
International drinking rules masters
- Shark attack
- No pointing
- No names
- No saying drink
- Left handed drinking